| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | DIGITAL MEDIA LAW
SEPTEMBER 24, 2009 SAG Moderates Win Presidency, Secr. + Additional 4 Natl Seats
tough road ahead. -- SAG Press Release: KEN HOWARD ELECTED AS SCREEN ACTORS GUILD PRESIDENT; AMY AQUINO ELECTED AS SECRETARY-TREASURER Guild Also Announces Results of National Board Elections Los Angeles (September 24, 2009) —Screen Actors Guild today announced results of elections for its top two elected positions.
| || || |
| | DIGITAL MEDIA LAW
JANUARY 31, 2010 SAG Moves towards Joint Bargaining with AFTRA
The SAG National Board yesterday passed a resolution, by a surprising 82% to 18% vote, directing the guild’s president and National Executive Director to “seek engagement with AFTRA in a joint bargaining agreement for negotiation of the Television/Theatrical Contract,” as quoted in a SAG press release.
| | DIGITAL MEDIA LAW
JULY 25, 2011 The Laurel Canyon Goats are Leaving!
Her 2009 email message also noted that the couple had “more milk and cheese than we can consume.” During my visit, they went loping up the street past several parked cars and clambered onto the Frescos’ guesthouse roof, where they lay down amid the solar panels and relaxed in the hot Los Angeles sun. But not for long.
| || |
| || || || |
DIGITAL MEDIA LAW AFTRA Board Approves Joint Bargaining With SAG
| SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2010
The AFTRA press
release is below. ——————— Subscribe to my blog ( jhandel.com ) for more about entertainment law and digital media law. Hedgpeth also reported that, for the period of May 1, 2009
, to Oct. 31, 2009
, the union has collected more than $6.6 Go to the blog itself to subscribe via RSS or email. earthquake last night. MORE >>
THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD Twilight: Eclipse Recasts Victoria
| TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2009
release on the jump. The second installment of the film franchise, THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, will be released November 20, 2009
. The Twilight franchise has a new Victoria. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August. MORE >>
COPYRIGHTS & CAMPAIGNS Jackson Browne settles suit with McCain, RNC, and Ohio Republican Party over use of song in web video
| TUESDAY, JULY 21, 2009
The lawsuit brought by Jackson Browne against John McCain, the Republican National Committee, and the Ohio Republican Party over the use of Brown's song "Running on Empty" in an ORP web video during last year's presidential campaign has been settled. The financial terms of the settlement are confidential. MORE >>
THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD Oscar Rule Change: Ten Best Lists
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 1, 2009
EQUUS, which opened to middling press
(real horses -- what were they thinking?) A film historian of the 60s and 70s sent me his best guesses at what ten best Oscar lists would have been between 1967 and 1979. Bottom line though, the Academy had more quality films to choose from then than they do now. After all, CAMELOT was a personal Jack L. MORE >>
DIGITAL MEDIA LAW WGA Candidates for President and Board Announced
| MONDAY, JUNE 22, 2009
For more details, see the press
release below. ——————— Subscribe to my blog ( jhandel.com ) for more about entertainment law and digital media law. SAG’s upcoming elections have been getting some attention, but the WGA West is having an election this summer as well. Instead, the candidates for president are John Wells and Elias Davis. Weiss. MORE >>
- SAG TV/Theatrical Contract Ratified Overwhelmingly, 78%-22% DIGITAL MEDIA LAW | TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009
- Three Membership First Candidates Elected to AFTRA Boards DIGITAL MEDIA LAW | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3, 2009
- Saving Journalism: from Obama to Pincus THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD | SATURDAY, MAY 9, 2009
- Star Stories, Google Trend Traffic THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD | TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2009
- SAG Board Approves Studio Deal DIGITAL MEDIA LAW | MONDAY, APRIL 20, 2009
- SAG Stalemate Update DIGITAL MEDIA LAW | FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2009
- Thompson On Hollywood - Untitled Article THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD | SUNDAY, APRIL 12, 2009
- Sundance's Brecher Resigns THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD | FRIDAY, APRIL 10, 2009
- Welcome to Entmedialaw.com BIZMEDIALAW | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- Actor Ken Wahl accuses SAG, business manager of being wiseguys THR, ESQ. ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA LAW BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
- Masters Joins KCRW's The Business THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2009
- Oscar Watch: Hollywood Issues THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2009
- SAG No News Press Release DIGITAL MEDIA LAW | MONDAY, JANUARY 26, 2009
- SAG Moderates File Document to Fire National Executive Director DIGITAL MEDIA LAW | MONDAY, JANUARY 26, 2009
- Univision-Televisa getting all hot and steamy THR, ESQ. ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA LAW BLOG | THURSDAY, JANUARY 8, 2009
- SAG Strike Authorization Ballots Delayed DIGITAL MEDIA LAW | MONDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2008
- SAG - Hardliners Successful DIGITAL MEDIA LAW | TUESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2009
- Sundance Watch: SAG Responds to Waiver Issue THOMPSON ON HOLLYWOOD | THURSDAY, JANUARY 15, 2009
- Fox Chicago O&O sends takedowns to YouTube over liberal web site's videos; were its uses fair? COPYRIGHTS & CAMPAIGNS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 7, 2009
Entertainment and Media Law can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.